2.0

Emailed this letter to the CEO of Caesars Entertainment (mfrissora@caesars.com), one of the minions called me back, their reply is at the bottom. Two months ago we booked 2 nights at “The Rio” to stay while we met with Friends from Canada, Golfed, and took in Celine Dion at Caesars.

We drove 4.5 hours from Phoenix, the front rotating door was broken (and was for our whole visit) there were only two associates working the checkin desk, and a line up with 20 people in it. My wife (with Vertigo) stayed in line while I took a walk down to Seven Stars check-in. There was nobody at Seven Stars. As a former Diamond member I have learned that VIP check-in will help if they have nobody else waiting.

The Gentleman told me we could check in there, but it would cost me an additional 20 dollars because we were an hour before our checkin time. He checked for rooms and told us only non-smoking king was available, so we paid 20 dollars for a room that was not what we wanted but what we needed, so my wife could get off her feet. We stopped at the slots in the Masquerade Casino (MC) to try our luck at the slots after half an hour of play we left for our room, with no sign of beverage service. I went to the bar at the back of the MC to get a drink, there were about 10 guests sitting around the bar but no bartender, I waited 5 minutes and left.

My wife and I proceeded to our room. The first thing we noticed was the room was tired, the carpet with wrinkles, and worn. The tiles in the bath tub area had black mold in the grout. The toilet paper and facial tissue, we the equivalent of 30 grit sandpaper.

The water was very hard and made our hair feel like straw. After freshening up we went downstairs to find out about the shuttle to the strip, so we could get prepared for our trip to Caesars and the Celine concert. We were told that a decision was made to stop running the shuttle about 2 weeks prior. (we were told we could use the shuttle when we booked our rooms and the Concert).

We proceeded to Caesars for our favourite meal at Beijing noodle number 9. We were surprised to find out that we had to pay to park, (with the amount of $$ we spend you would think it would be validated, but no) we had dinner, gambled for a while (lost), and left. I had to go to the Valet stand because I was paying cash, the attendant took my cash. When I questioned him about the parking fee, he told me I needed to talk to management, I asked him to pass on my concerns to management, he got very adversarial and told me “I ain't sayin nuthin, I don't wanna git fired” so we sat and waited for our car to arrive.

Turns out the valet could not even tell us where to wait for our car. We had always waited at the “venus di Milos” statue in the past, but apparently you have moved the pick up to the centre fountain area, but we were not told. We returned to the Rio, and went back to the same slots as before, this time a server was picking up empties, and I asked her for a couple of drinks, she told me she would send someone over. an hour later we went to our room for a nightcap, as no server showed up again on the casino floor.

I called the front desk with my concerns, and she told me there was nothing she could do and she hung up on me. Day Two Pools closed fitness room closed (it would have been nice to know this BEFORE I paid a resort fee), please remind me why I paid a resort fee, as my Cell service worked in my room it was more difficult hooking up to wi-fi, than was worth the effort, I did not need wi-fi. This is 2017, not 1997, WIFI hotspots are free everywhere, wired internet is free everywhere. What is it about yours that makes it worth paying for?

We left the hotel property and Golfed at LV National, upon returning to the Rio, we played Keno, 10 games each, and beverage service was ok. We were let down to find out the mardi gras parade in the sky had been cancelled, is that why the MC is so empty all the time now? We decided to Uber to and from The Celine concert, 17.00 return. A better deal than parking, and I could have a couple of wobbly pops.

The Celine show was ok at best, she does talk to much, but thats my fault, I bought the tickets. The seats that we sat in at the Celine show were worn and exhausted, little to no cushioning in the seats or back rests. We UBER’d back to the Rio. I played blackjack, no issues there, my wife went back to her favourite slot machine, and again could not get service for 2 hours, a server finally came by and she got a water, but that also took a while for her to come back with it.

When we met after gambling, I went to the TR kiosk, the signs showed they were open but there was nobody to be found, I still could not find the hosts office to vent my concerns. off to bed. Woke up the next morning. Checkout was packed, left without checking out, all we can hope for is all is well with the bill.

We Drove to Caesars to say hello to some of the dealers we have known for over 10 years. I parked in the seven star lot on flamingo, let the valet know I needed ten minutes to see my host. As I entered the building a couple of 7stars were leaving and struggling with the doors, the handicap door was being fixed. What struck me as odd was that even your most valuable guests do not even get a doorman.

And if a handicap tried to get out there was no help for them either??? You are running one of the most prestigious names in hotels/casinos/entertainment. This is a service industry, where has the service gone? I think you need to have some people be secret customers, and be able to document all the troubles they run into so you can know exactly what needs to be done to bring Caesars entertainment back to it old Glory.

My second suggestion is to start building all of your fees into your room rates, parking/internet/fitness room… that way if you offer a free night it IS a free night. If you Charge me 20.00 to (park) Gamble at Caesars, and then I go to planet hollywood, that 20.00 should be a one time staycation rate for all of your properties. You have to stop nickel and dime me to death to allow me the opportunity to loose money at your casinos. I do not expect you to come back and offer me this/or that, for this communication.

I do expect that you take this to heart as to the issues you have with your service at these hotels. oh, and maybe a thank-you note for communicating these issues to your attention. Best Regards, David A.

Welch 16701677640 Susan D Welch 16702221282 ***** received a same day call back from the minion, they apologized (big deal), an apology does not fix the issues, apparently she could not read, because she offered me two comp nights(there is nothing comp when you have fees for everything), they think that comp nights fix everything, they do not, they need to fix their issues or watch the investors flock away as their share price drops as the customers stay away, in droves as we noticed ourselves. If you have had a bad experience, feel free to email the CEO at the email address listed above.

Product or Service Mentioned: Caesars Entertainment Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 19, 2017.

Comments